ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The digital realm is now so extensive, and social media is unquestionably an imperative tool to increase online donations. What should charities be doing to communicate with their digital audience, listen to them, inspire them and help them support the causes that matter to them? Regardless of your organisation size or available budget, learn how to increase your online donations by leveraging on the massive potential of digital donors, taking a tactical approach to campaigning, and taking advantage of often underused tools and resources.
The 1-day hands-on workshop will walk you through crafting an effective digital strategy for online fundraising through social media. You will learn about the tools you can use, track down your audiences, build relationships with your digital audience, analyse your social media campaigns, and track conversions. The workshop will have a special focus on Facebook and Instagram as applications.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The curriculum developed by Janelle Lee, Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer at bantu, is designed with SSA staff in mind, especially those planning a virtual fundraising campaign for the first time. While the workshop is open to all, key departments include fundraising, corporate services, PR and IT.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential concepts of digital fundraising through social media.
- Understand a donor’s digital journey to develop conversion metrics.
- Differentiate and coordinate social media efforts across multiple social media channels.
- Develop a digital strategy to track omni-channel social media campaigns.
- Identify donors with essential segmentation and deriving data insights.
- Improve engagement with digital audiences on Facebook and Instagram.
- Learn best social media engagement practices and social media platform algorithms.
- Evaluate social media campaigns with Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and Instagram Analytics.
Teaching will be focused on case studies, essential theory, practical application, & close guidance from the trainer:
- Learners to convert an existing campaign to digital, improve the existing project and use online tools to succeed.
- Learners to have hands-on practice to create digital content, such as graphics & messaging related to their fundraising campaigns.